The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 12 is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, keen interest in outer space, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 2.439 billion Oaks 12ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 70.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 12ian economy, worth 249 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 102,396 planets, with the richest citizens earning 5.2 times as much as the poorest.
Art criticism in Oaks 12 is scathingly destructive, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, visiting dignitaries often take advantage of strict reparation policies by stubbing their toes, and the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 12's national animal is the falcon, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 12's influence in Angelene fell from "Hermit" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Oaks 12's influence in Angelene rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : The Republic of Moonlight Menschen dismissed Oaks 12 as Hello! of The Nexus Alliance.
- : Oaks 12 relocated from Devide by Zero to Angelene.
- : Oaks 12's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Oaks 12 relocated from Kellerreich to Devide by Zero.
- : Oaks 12 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 12's influence in Kellerreich rose from "Zero" to "Instigator".
- : Oaks 12 relocated from Devide by Zero to Kellerreich.
- : Oaks 12 endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of Herp a Derp.