The Grace and Precision of Oaks 106 is a massive, orderly nation, remarkable for its closed borders, flagrant waste-dumping, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.475 billion Oaks 106ians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 32.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 106ian economy, worth 274 trillion planets a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Automobile Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 110,892 planets, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 320,233 per year while the poor average 30,466, a ratio of 10.5 to 1.
Biotech companies are fined if their jumbled genetic sequences look too familiar, nursing mothers are often arrested for indecent exposure, kids are exceptionally good at digging holes, and business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 106's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 106's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 106 relocated from The Party That Never Ends to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 106 resigned as Detag of The Party That Never Ends.
- : Oaks 106 changed the regional banner of The Party That Never Ends.
- : Oaks 106 abolished the regional flag of The Party That Never Ends.
- : Oaks 106 updated the World Factbook entry in The Party That Never Ends.
- : Oaks 106 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 106 appointed Oaks 106 as Detag with authority over Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in The Party That Never Ends.
- : Oaks 106 became WA Delegate of The Party That Never Ends.
- : Oaks 106's influence in The Party That Never Ends rose from "Zero" to "Handshaker".