The Grace and Precision of Oaks 104 is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, fear of technology, and triple-decker prams. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 2.491 billion Oaks 104ians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Healthcare, Industry, and Law & Order are also considered important, while International Aid and Welfare are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 37.4%.
The all-consuming Oaks 104ian economy, worth 189 trillion planets a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Retail, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 75,987 planets, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 220,703 per year while the poor average 20,708, a ratio of 10.7 to 1.
Teddy bears and pajamas have replaced briefcases and suits in Oaks 104's offices, orthopaedics patients often have a bounce in their step, the people consider response to rudeness to be an acceptable casus belli, and Leader's former secretary was last sighted on her new yacht. Crime is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Oaks 104's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 104's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 104 relocated from Scones and Biscuits to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 104 resigned as Detag of Scones and Biscuits.
- : Oaks 104 aborted construction of embassies between Scones and Biscuits and Frozen Circle.
- : Oaks 104 changed the regional banner of Scones and Biscuits.
- : Oaks 104 abolished the regional flag of Scones and Biscuits.
- : Oaks 104 updated the World Factbook entry in Scones and Biscuits.
- : Oaks 104 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 104 appointed Oaks 104 as Detag with authority over Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Scones and Biscuits.
- : Oaks 104 became WA Delegate of Scones and Biscuits.