The Autocratic Dictatorship of Nuverikstan is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Timur Nurzhan with an even hand, and remarkable for its digital currency, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 6.92 billion Nuveriks have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dagarbad. The average income tax rate is 18.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Nuverik economy, worth 514 trillion Delchors a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Retail, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,381 Delchors, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government is rumored to hire body doubles whose full-time jobs are to cry at public events, Nuverikstan's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects, and the nation's peacekeeping efforts usually comes with a healthy dose of pillaging. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. Nuverikstan's national animal is the Camel, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Church of Nuverikstan.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nuverikstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Nuverikstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Nuverikstan's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Nuverikstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : Nuverikstan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Dead.
- : Nuverikstan's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Nuverikstan's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Nuverikstan published "Keep this" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Nuverikstan's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Nuverikstan's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".