|Leader||Mercy Yorke-Blackburn IV|
The Imperial Republic of Numeracy is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Mercy Yorke-Blackburn IV with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, prohibition of alcohol, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 12.113 billion Numericans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Stippenherth. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Numerican economy, worth a remarkable 1,592 trillion Chronocredits a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 131,490 Chronocredits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Televisions are often seized to pay for overdue television license fees, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, baby dolls thrown in the trash are a leading cause of panic attacks, and genetic researchers have been expelled. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Numeracy's national animal is the Izuhe, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Numeracy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Numeracy changed its national animal to "Izuhe".
- : Numeracy endorsed The Kingdom of Bautizar.
- : Numeracy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibition Of Unwarranted Digital Surveillance".
- : Following new legislation in Numeracy, genetic researchers have been expelled.
- : Following new legislation in Numeracy, baby dolls thrown in the trash are a leading cause of panic attacks.
- : Numeracy was endorsed by The Kingdom of Bautizar.
- : Numeracy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fairness in Elections".
- : Following new legislation in Numeracy, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.
- : Following new legislation in Numeracy, televisions are often seized to pay for overdue television license fees.