The Foundation of Novus Draco is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Ismi with an even hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working population of 3.43 billion Novus Dracoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dracosta. The average income tax rate is 35.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Novus Dracoan economy, worth 251 trillion Dracos a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 73,187 Dracos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines, only 'organics' are permitted to be citizens, old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones, and search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Novus Draco's national animal is the Dracolith, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Novus Draco was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Steel Vagabonds.
- : Novus Draco was endorsed by The Consultancies' Republic of Fanadia.
- : Novus Draco was endorsed by The Republic of Tolfaer.
- : Following new legislation in Novus Draco, search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards.
- : Novus Draco was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Cossack Peoples.
- : Novus Draco's influence in Lazarus rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Novus Draco was endorsed by The Queendom of Hukaa.
- : Novus Draco was endorsed by The Imperial Republic of Ashoy.
- : Novus Draco was endorsed by The Imperium of Leonism.
- : Novus Draco was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".