The Martian Technocracy of Novocita is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Jacques Cheminade with an iron fist, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, zero percent divorce rate, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 958 million Novocitans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tonova. The average income tax rate is 67.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Novocitan economy, worth 137 trillion Novoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is an impressive 143,765 Novoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Political speeches that drill deep into bureaucratic fine detail could be said to be a little boring, preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, and the nation's youth would rather watch paint dry than the news. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Novocita's national animal is the Bull, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Novocita, the nation's youth would rather watch paint dry than the news.
- : Following new legislation in Novocita, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- : Novocita was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Novocita was endorsed by The Empire of Constantinapolis.
- : Novocita endorsed The Empire of Constantinapolis.
- : Novocita changed its national animal to "Bull".
- : Following new legislation in Novocita, preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime.
- : Following new legislation in Novocita, political speeches that drill deep into bureaucratic fine detail could be said to be a little boring.
- : Following new legislation in Novocita, real chickens replace rooster weather vanes on inner-city rooftop gardens.
- : Following new legislation in Novocita, the government is paving paradises to put up parking lots.
Endorsements Received: 35 » ROMA MKIII, Antarctic SARNZ, Ciodiw, ExoGeni, Dune-Aemiliana, Vierslan, Ritanstan, Oureads, Non Existent Nation, Karambo, United States of Technocracy, The 2nd Kingdom of Domina, North Vlanderberg, Socialist Imperators, Zestria, Pax Scio, Free state of Stars land, Zukunftwelt, Stratoss, Fellwieg, Wintry North, BigSnek, Eastern Sudetenland, The Vanguard Fleet, Wess Syna, United Angeer, The Libertarian States, Apellidor, Lomonosia, Wallachinstein, Lambflakitobia, Republic of South Africa 2, Confucasland, Mittelasia, and Aphelionus.