The Imperial Colonial State of Nova Marsica is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Lucius Fraucus with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, unlimited-speed roads, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 17.066 billion Nova Marsicans are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marruvium. The average income tax rate is 5.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Nova Marsican economy, worth 857 trillion Imperial Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is 50,264 Imperial Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The fire protection service is wholly government-funded, politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills, CDs are regularly copy-protected, and citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Nova Marsica's national animal is the snake, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Paganism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nova Marsica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Nova Marsica's influence in The Empire of Common Territories fell from "Power" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Nova Marsica's influence in The Empire of Common Territories rose from "Sprat" to "Power".
- : Nova Marsica altered its national flag.
- : Nova Marsica relocated from Balder to The Empire of Common Territories.
- : Nova Marsica was refounded in Balder.
- : Nova Marsica ceased to exist in The Empire of Common Territories.
- : Nova Marsica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Nova Marsica's influence in The Empire of Common Territories fell from "Superpower" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Nova Marsica's influence in The Empire of Common Territories rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Superpower".