The New Republic of Nova Atacama is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Aana Jimenez with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 5.132 billion Novoatacamenians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Buena Tierra. The average income tax rate is 38.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nova Atacamenian economy, worth 571 trillion Platino Fuertes a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 111,268 Platino Fuertes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's new Mylab space station is notorious for being the loneliest place above the planet, pushy mums tell their kids to be doctors and engineers but steer them away from being penniless lawyers, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence, and flu research is commonly shut down for fear of creating a superbug. Crime is totally unknown. Nova Atacama's national animal is the Falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nova Atacama was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Nova Atacama's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Nova Atacama's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Nova Atacama's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Nova Atacama relocated from Balder to The Communist Bloc.
- : Nova Atacama changed its national motto to "Now is the hour to fight" and its nation type to "New Republic".
- : Following new legislation in Nova Atacama, flu research is commonly shut down for fear of creating a superbug.
- : Nova Atacama's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Nova Atacama's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Nova Atacama was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector and the Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced, Most Rebellious Youth, Most Secular, and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.