|Capital||Nowhere in Particular|
|Leader||Sunrise the Trainer|
|Currency||Sonic Adventure emblems|
The Indie Sensation of Northern Sunrise Islands is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Sunrise the Trainer with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, public floggings, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 17.677 billion Northern Sunrisians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nowhere in Particular. The average income tax rate is 77.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Northern Sunrisian economy, worth a remarkable 1,216 trillion Sonic Adventure emblems a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 68,834 Sonic Adventure emblems, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Sunrise the Trainer off a murder charge, former arsonists can be found on local fire brigades, politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing, and stylish juvenile delinquents are highly overrepresented in fatal motorcycle accidents. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Northern Sunrise Islands's national animal is the Vaporeon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Arceusism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Northern Sunrise Islands's influence in The Glorious Nations of Iwaku rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Northern Sunrise Islands's influence in The Glorious Nations of Iwaku rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Northern Sunrise Islands's influence in The Glorious Nations of Iwaku rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Northern Sunrise Islands's influence in The Glorious Nations of Iwaku rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Northern Sunrise Islands altered its national flag.
- : Northern Sunrise Islands lodged a message on the The Glorious Nations of Iwaku Regional Message Board.
- : Northern Sunrise Islands relocated from Osiris to The Glorious Nations of Iwaku.
- : Northern Sunrise Islands was refounded in Osiris.
- : Northern Sunrise Islands ceased to exist in Spiritus.
- : Northern Sunrise Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.