The Federal Republic of Northern Firestone is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, suspicion of poets, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 776 million Northern Firestonians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stepford. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.5%.
The strong Firestonian economy, worth 28.5 trillion Firestone Łenwoszkąs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Woodchip Exports, and Soda Sales. Average income is 36,778 Firestone Łenwoszkąs, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 282,812 per year while the poor average 1,280, a ratio of 220 to 1.
A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, there's a bright dawn ahead for Northern Firestone, and Northern Firestone has designated Stepford as its capital city. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Northern Firestone's national animal is the Nightingale, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Northern Firestone's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Northern Firestone was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Northern Firestone published "Iarnróid Adirondack Fleet" (Account: Trade).
- : Northern Firestone published "Iarnród Strechlleindh Fleet" (Account: Trade).
- : Northern Firestone changed its national capital to "Stepford".
- : Following new legislation in Northern Firestone, Northern Firestone has designated Stepford as its capital city.
- : Northern Firestone published "Differences between Northern and Southern Firestone" (Factbook: International).
- : Northern Firestone published "Stepford and Atmos Railway Rolling Stock" (Account: Trade).
- : Northern Firestone changed its national animal to "Nightingale".
- : Northern Firestone was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry, Most Pro-Market, Greatest Rich-Poor Divides, Most Extreme, and Most Politically Free.