The Republic of Northeast York is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 786 million Northeast Yorkians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 23.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Northeast Yorkian economy, worth 54.6 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 69,489 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government, Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case, parents dread their examinations more than their children, and treason is relative. Crime is totally unknown. Northeast York's national animal is the brown bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Northeast York's influence in The Monke Jungle fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Northeast York was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Northeast York's influence in The Monke Jungle fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- : Northeast York's influence in The Monke Jungle fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- : Northeast York's influence in The Monke Jungle fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Northeast York was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Northeast York's influence in The Monke Jungle fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Northeast York voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Northern Borland".
- : Northeast York voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Assemble".
- : Following new legislation in Northeast York, treason is relative.
Endorsements Received: None.