The Republic of Northbay is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Stidham with an even hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, frequent executions, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.511 billion Northerners have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alderport. The average income tax rate is 67.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Northbayian economy, worth 152 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 101,166 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, the government raises tariffs on a weekly basis, you can't put down the nation's attitude to pet health, and citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Northbay's national animal is the homo sapien, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Northbay was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens, Longest Average Lifespans, and Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Northbay voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Darkesia".
- : Northbay voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Depository standards Act".
- : Following new legislation in Northbay, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements.
- : Following new legislation in Northbay, you can't put down the nation's attitude to pet health.
- : Following new legislation in Northbay, the government raises tariffs on a weekly basis.
- : Following new legislation in Northbay, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Following new legislation in Northbay, all artwork is carefully screened for offensive material.
- : Northbay's influence in Balder rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Northbay was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and Most Compassionate Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Onder Kelkia.