|Faith||Cult of the Cosmic Horse|
The Supradictatorial Autocracy of North Horsia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Hevoshullu Suomenhevonen with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cynical population of 2.137 billion North Horsians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hevoskulttitila. The average income tax rate is 81.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming North Horsian economy, worth 197 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 92,494 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Parents who refuse to vaccinate their children are given a short jail sentence, Hevoshullu Suomenhevonen affectionately nicknames supporters by number, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, and dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. North Horsia's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cult of the Cosmic Horse.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : North Horsia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : North Horsia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Disease Vectors".
- : Following new legislation in North Horsia, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- : Following new legislation in North Horsia, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Following new legislation in North Horsia, Hevoshullu Suomenhevonen affectionately nicknames supporters by number.
- : Following new legislation in North Horsia, parents who refuse to vaccinate their children are given a short jail sentence.
- : Following new legislation in North Horsia, the government's suggestions box is curiously empty these days.
- : North Horsia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : North Horsia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and the Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : North Horsia endorsed The Realm of Serpens Land.