The People's Republic of North Cheonjang is a small, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 26 million North Cheonjangians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Healthcare, Public Transport, and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.0%.
The strong North Cheonjangian economy, worth 1.27 trillion Won a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Trout Farming. Average income is 48,796 Won, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 314,495 per year while the poor average 3,058, a ratio of 102 to 1.
Crime is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. North Cheonjang's national animal is the cobra, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : North Cheonjang's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : North Cheonjang's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : North Cheonjang was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and the Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides, Highest Wealthy Incomes, and Most Pro-Market.
- : North Cheonjang relocated from The Pacific to The Free Nations Region.
- : North Cheonjang was founded in The Pacific.