|Leader||Prime Minister Lucas Weston|
The Peoples Socialist Republic of North Amherst is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Lucas Weston with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 6.375 billion North Amherstinians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Charlotte. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The frighteningly efficient North Amherstian economy, worth a remarkable 1,231 trillion Gons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 193,227 Gons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
"It was only a joke" is no longer a defense for the felony of discrimination, jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, and soldiers who shoot themselves in the foot are regarded as heroes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. North Amherst's national animal is the Gorilla, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Judaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in North Amherst, soldiers who shoot themselves in the foot are regarded as heroes.
- : North Amherst voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Following new legislation in North Amherst, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves.
- : Following new legislation in North Amherst, jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration.
- : Following new legislation in North Amherst, "It was only a joke" is no longer a defense for the felony of discrimination.
- : North Amherst voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : North Amherst voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Following new legislation in North Amherst, ill and injured visitors in North Amherst have to walk it off until they return home.
- : Following new legislation in North Amherst, the government nonchalantly sells old nukes to other countries.
- : North Amherst endorsed The Democratic States of Ezmwalia.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Llorens, Argentigrad, New Arkados, Ephros, Ghillemear, Kawany, Transcommunist Republics, Rorlenland, Anarchocommunists of the World, Henchikurin, Nangka, Sincadenas, Dyl, Picuros, Slackertown, Buttia, Antinios, Comrade Itsuka Kotori, Nepacton Murt, Martilliopen, Sorwickshire, Sylvlakia, Aetsveld-Aalstad, Silverfish37, New Russsia, Kavagrad, Socialist Great Picardy, New Volica, Neu-Bethel, Hussitics, Super Awesome Fun Times, Anioniotopia, Chapolia Zranzia, Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, Kaamapoori, Soviet Catgirls, Old Corus, Roma Norte, Grod Island, Agatep, Asturies-Llion, Claiomha, Soviet Angola, Lastolana, Zaratov, Somiens-et-Haveras, Bisht, Delegations, and Ezmwalia.