The Confederation of Norse Inuit Union is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its state-planned economy, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.34 billion North Poleans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 75.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong North Polean economy, worth 230 trillion Ravenites a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is 69,007 Ravenites, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, in a fit of passion Leader has shredded thirty years' worth of petitions, and gun ownership is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown. Norse Inuit Union's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Norse Inuit Union is ranked 264,732nd in the world and 30th in Arctic for Highest Disposable Incomes, with 17,044.9 Standard Monetary Units.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norse Inuit Union altered its national flag.
- : Norse Inuit Union was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Norse Inuit Union was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Norse Inuit Union published "NIU country ball" (Factbook: Trivia).
- : Norse Inuit Union lodged a message on the Arctic Regional Message Board.
- : Norse Inuit Union endorsed The Kingdom of Illusiaq.
- : Norse Inuit Union was endorsed by The Kingdom of Illusiaq.
- : Norse Inuit Union was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Best Weather.
- : Norse Inuit Union published "Heros of the NIU" (Factbook: History).
- : Norse Inuit Union endorsed The Empire of Sjkondris.