The Changed Man of Norman Hollow is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 934 million Norman Hollowians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 64.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Norman Hollowian economy, worth 27.3 trillion hollowed oaks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 29,228 hollowed oaks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Flu research is commonly shut down for fear of creating a superbug, government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read, liberals and conservatives try to disqualify each other's candidates on the grounds that "their ideas would never work in the real world", and old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norman Hollow's national animal is the ocelot, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norman Hollow's influence in Artificial Solar System fell from "Minnow" to "Nipper".
- : Norman Hollow's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Norman Hollow's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Norman Hollow was removed from the regional ban list of The Union of Rightwing Nations by The Republic of Quebecshire 5.
- : Norman Hollow relocated from The Rejected Realms to Artificial Solar System.
- : Norman Hollow applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Norman Hollow's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Norman Hollow was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Norman Hollow resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Norman Hollow relocated from The Union of Rightwing Nations to The Rejected Realms.