The Republic of Norja is a huge, safe nation, notable for its infamous sell-swords, ban on automobiles, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 470 million Norjans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 30.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Norjan economy, worth 17.1 trillion Kruuns a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 36,418 Kruuns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue, women wearing male lounge-wear are quizzed for hours by mental health practitioners, and the nation's infamous rickshaw ambulances often double as hearses. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norja's national animal is the Myskiharka, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norja's influence in Indonesia Raya fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".
- : Norja's influence in Indonesia Raya rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Norja's influence in Indonesia Raya rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Norja's influence in Indonesia Raya rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Norja relocated from Osiris to Indonesia Raya.
- : Norja altered its national flag.
- : Norja was refounded in Osiris.
- : Norja ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Norja resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Norja was endorsed by The Medicine Cabinet of THX1138.