The Novian Republic of Norinch is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 3.205 billion Nori enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 21.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Noric economy, worth 173 trillion Novian Credits a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Tourism. Average income is 54,028 Novian Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
All new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, Leader's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies, war criminals are given full state funerals, and getting an abortion takes less hassle than writing a letter. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norinch's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norinch was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Norinch's influence in New West Indies rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Norinch's influence in New West Indies rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Norinch was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Norinch's influence in New West Indies rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Norinch's influence in New West Indies rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Norinch's influence in New West Indies rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Norinch relocated from Evergreen conifer to New West Indies.
- : Norinch changed its national nation type to "Novian Republic".
- : Norinch's influence in Evergreen conifer rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".