The Republic of Norgenlandek is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 483 million Norgenlandekians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 69.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Norgenlandekian economy, worth 12.3 trillion sjelers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. Average income is 25,478 sjelers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, government popup ads are springing up like weeds, failed genetic experiments wreak havoc as they roam the countryside, and every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norgenlandek's national animal is the moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norgenlandek was endorsed by The Holy Blue NationStates of HumanSanity.
- : Norgenlandek's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Norgenlandek was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian and the Top 10% for Most Conservative.
- : Norgenlandek was endorsed by The Constitutional Republic of Marxist Germany.
- : Following new legislation in Norgenlandek, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead.
- : Following new legislation in Norgenlandek, failed genetic experiments wreak havoc as they roam the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Norgenlandek, government popup ads are springing up like weeds.
- : Following new legislation in Norgenlandek, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- : Following new legislation in Norgenlandek, newborns are being raised as mindless killing machines.
- : Norgenlandek was endorsed by The Archipelagic Paradise of Free Las Pinas.
Endorsements Received: 14 » The Soylent Green Party, Wysrod, Anisopterra, Evertopia, Ascended Union, Point Comfort Colony, Valentian Elysium, Ignis Cinere, The Republic of Osea, New CHOP, Dustwind, Kildare, Marxist Germany, and HumanSanity.