The Ukraine of Nomiconia is a massive, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.567 billion Ukrainians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kyiv. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 72.7%.
The all-consuming Nomiconian economy, worth 406 trillion Shot Glasses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 114,044 Shot Glasses, with the richest citizens earning 9.0 times as much as the poorest.
Chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom, Violetist maidens who fall for an outsider must leave their violet light districts in shame, homeowners on prime real estate have been seen dodging giant bulldozers with cartoon characters painted on them, and freighter lifeboats have been replaced by state of the art marker buoys so divers can recover the cargo after they sink. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nomiconia's national animal is the Wild Perogi, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nomiconia's influence in APSIA rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Nomiconia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Nomiconia's influence in APSIA rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Nomiconia's influence in APSIA rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Nomiconia's influence in APSIA rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Nomiconia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Defense Forces, Most Scientifically Advanced, Largest Governments, and Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Nomiconia relocated from Osiris to APSIA.
- : Nomiconia altered its national flag.
- : Nomiconia changed its national faith to "Orthodox".
- : Nomiconia revoked its national leader.