The Empire of Nokelon is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Zavier Long with an iron fist, and notable for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.668 billion Nokelonians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Anobar. The average income tax rate is 50.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nokelonian economy, worth 341 trillion Nokelonian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 127,920 Nokelonian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, organ donation is compulsory, tabloids coo over Zavier Long's expected child, and politicians that report exaggerated crowd sizes for their speeches are dismissed for being delusional. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nokelon's national animal is the Giant Bird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nokelon's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Nokelon's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Nokelon's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Nokelon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Nokelon was refounded in Balder.
- : Nokelon ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Nokelon was endorsed by The Ekki ekki ekki ekki ptang of Aerilia.
- : Nokelon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Nokelon was endorsed by The Rodentine Union of Malphe.
- : Nokelon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.