The Republic of Noganta is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.283 billion Nogantans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nubuntu. The average income tax rate is 85.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nogantan economy, worth 169 trillion Nougats a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 132,190 Nougats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward, former arms manufacturing CEOs are now delivering food for minimum wage, and the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Noganta's national animal is the Nogantelope, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Noganta was endorsed by The Allied States of Driodal.
- : Noganta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Noganta, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm.
- : Noganta was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Noganta, former arms manufacturing CEOs are now delivering food for minimum wage.
- : Noganta was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Noganta, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward.
- : Following new legislation in Noganta, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- : Following new legislation in Noganta, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Following new legislation in Noganta, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Tepertopia, Holota, Kanatian Percocet, Volaworand, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Amerion, Yaravia, Beblahbleblo, Land Without Shrimp, Blondiesland, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Anatasha, Achemar, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, PenguinPies, Corgitopiaa, Arscanesia, Kringalia, Aidenfieeld, Shuckle Empire, Wehraboos, The Haughtherlands, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Concrete Slab, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, Farengeto, Holy Free, Sou Avida, Chernaya Zvezda, Eleuthelrium, A Place Somewhere, Drew Durrnil, Tsunamy, Quinta Caporales, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Andinla, Jehenna, Karimata, Mavenu, Donat Invadia, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Sedunn, Ipugao, Esterwood, Oppalli, and 13 others.Leighester, Zataras, Brazilian impero2, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, Great Lothian, Tyrantistica, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, and Driodal.