|Leader||Supreme Leader Meroveu Thuza|
The Confederation of Nocturnalis is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Supreme Leader Meroveu Thuza with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, triple-decker prams, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 18.001 billion Nocts are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neustri. The average income tax rate is 53.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Noctish economy, worth a remarkable 4,936 trillion Nomisems a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 274,215 Nomisems, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The world is looking a bit more worldly, the only soporific permitted during sermons is the preacher's voice, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits, and motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nocturnalis's national animal is the Corvid, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Verunism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nocturnalis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
- : Nocturnalis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : Nocturnalis published "August 2020" (Account: Other).
- : Nocturnalis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Mikeswill".
- : Nocturnalis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Journalism Protection Act".
- : Nocturnalis was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Nocturnalis applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Nocturnalis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Nocturnalis's influence in The Fourth Sovereign Charter fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Following new legislation in Nocturnalis, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
Endorsements Received: None.