The Colony of Nlfn is a very large, genial nation, notable for its compulsory vegetarianism and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 180 million Nlfnians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 27.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Nlfnian economy, worth 5.75 trillion ballians a year, is led by the Cheese Exports industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Pizza Delivery, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 31,952 ballians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, and mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Nlfn's national animal is the badger.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nlfn resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Nlfn's influence in Violet Irises rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Nlfn's influence in Violet Irises rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Nlfn's influence in Violet Irises rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Nlfn's influence in Violet Irises rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Nlfn relocated from The Rejected Realms to Violet Irises.
- : Nlfn was banned from Texas by The Incorporated NationStates of NewTexas.
- : Nlfn relocated from Forest to The Rejected Realms.
- : Nlfn was ejected and banned from Forest by The Cool Temperate Rainforests of Errinundera.
- : Nlfn was banned from Yggdrasil by The 📚 Novel of Wordy.