The Empire of Niveg is a small, efficient nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 29 million Nivegians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.1%.
The very strong Nivegian economy, worth 1.83 trillion guns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 62,970 guns, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 186,403 per year while the poor average 16,708, a ratio of 11.2 to 1.
Unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves and a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate. Crime is moderate. Niveg's national animal is the sans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Niveg's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Niveg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and the Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Niveg lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Niveg, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate.
- : Following new legislation in Niveg, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Niveg was founded in The South Pacific.