The Disputed Territories of Nisastria is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Temalton the Great with an even hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 1.24 billion Nisastrians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rhotob. The average income tax rate is 68.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Nisastrian economy, worth 42.7 trillion bitcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. Average income is 34,411 bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, and the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nisastria's national animal is the merkat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nisastria was endorsed by The Loh's Transcendence of Aenglaland.
- : Nisastria was endorsed by The Empire of Altmoras Prime.
- : Nisastria was endorsed by The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda.
- : Nisastria was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Eluvataran Isles.
- : Nisastria was endorsed by The Republic of Yukti.
- : Nisastria was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Sheppey.
- : Nisastria was endorsed by The Kingdom of Plembobria.
- : Nisastria was endorsed by The Federation of Marsh Castle.
- : Nisastria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Nisastria, the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers.
Endorsements Received: 67 » Siwale, Sil Dorsett, Religioncord, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Great Bights Mum, Sunto, Notyoutopia, Yaorozu, Shadowrik, Reannia, Xentherida, Holy Oranz, Guslantis, Unimaginable Doom, New South Danmark, Frances Francis the First of France, Kingdom of Space, Wineclaw, Bharathvarsh, Enosville, Wisconsota, Empy, Elspeth and Samina, Ovsterland, Selfgradatude, Vazali, Kaschovia, Lord Ravenclaw, GeorgeTheMiner, Valdr, American MapleStory, Omicron Persei V111, HMS Unicorn, Morrn, The Rossinite Empire, Pallaith, Colony of lasting Hopes, PlanetPunk, Malta Comino Gozo, Kwaj, Sankami, General COE, Moristia, Vszeklina, Friently, Hong Kong Empire, Jenner-Kardash, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, South Grand Mountain, and 17 others.Faxfleet, Diodone, Victoriaans Nederlands, Lamexanope, Coemgen, Kizja, Rylam, Anima Proxa, Zatrela, McMasterdonia, Puczovska, Marsh Castle, Plembobria, Sheppey, Yukti, Zemnaya Svoboda, and Aenglaland.