The Holy Empire of Nilfheimr is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ivan Nilfheimrov with an even hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and avowedly heterosexual populace. The hard-nosed population of 2.76 billion Nilfheimrians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nilfheim. The average income tax rate is 73.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nilfheimrian economy, worth 334 trillion Squats a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 121,072 Squats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The Holy Office of the Inquisition is the highest court in the land, it is typical to be greeted by a string of curse words in Nilfheimrian restaurants, N-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age, and the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nilfheimr's national animal is the Slav, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Hardbass.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nilfheimr was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Nilfheimr endorsed The Transcendent Domicile of Halliway.
- : Nilfheimr endorsed The Rogue Nation of Steel Vagabonds.
- : Nilfheimr endorsed The Quantum Interference Device of Courlany.
- : Following new legislation in Nilfheimr, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Nilfheimr, N-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age.
- : Following new legislation in Nilfheimr, it is typical to be greeted by a string of curse words in Nilfheimrian restaurants.
- : Following new legislation in Nilfheimr, the Holy Office of the Inquisition is the highest court in the land.
- : Following new legislation in Nilfheimr, drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government.
- : Nilfheimr was endorsed by The Quantum Interference Device of Courlany.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Treadwellia, Imkiville, New Rogernomics, Aflana, Captain Apollo, Edranian Land, Astalen, Nargorthia, Scani, Aguaria Major, Americastrailia, Leonism, Hycronesia, RadRoachInc, Fluffiness, Sombrassino, SunnyPhiladelphia, Seatlantis, Kan Po, Aigania, Sophisica, Loftegen 2, Greygard, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, Altmar, Derthal, Custadia, Your Imaginary Friend, Denado, Axixic, Mzeusia, Snoodum, Perchan, Burning Pants, Caybow, Sulfux, Lazarene Ryccia, Lake Flotillas, The New California Republic, Guiness Freaks, Capercom, Tiegenhof, Halliway, Steel Vagabonds, and Courlany.