|Leader||President Gaius August|
The Federal Republic of Niktobr is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Gaius August with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, parental licensing program, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 9.687 billion Niktobrians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capitolstadt. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 79.9%.
The all-consuming Niktobrian economy, worth 943 trillion Neroes a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 97,435 Neroes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 330,326 per year while the poor average 21,221, a ratio of 15.6 to 1.
Replacement organs are grown in vats, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, the public transport system has been eliminated, and sports journals are full of uplifting puff-pieces on professional boxers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Niktobr's national animal is the Ironhead Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Niktobr was endorsed by The Constitutional monarchy of Phoenician State.
- : Niktobr lodged a message on the St Abbaddon Regional Message Board.
- : Niktobr voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Red Fleet".
- : The Empire of Draganisia renamed the office held by Niktobr from "Nik" to "Elder of Internal Affairs" in St Abbaddon.
- : Niktobr updated the World Factbook entry in St Abbaddon.
- : Niktobr voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Altino".
- : Following new legislation in Niktobr, sports journals are full of uplifting puff-pieces on professional boxers.
- : Niktobr changed its national motto to "In Victory We Stand, In Defeat We Resist.".
- : Following new legislation in Niktobr, the public transport system has been eliminated.
- : Following new legislation in Niktobr, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed.