|Leader||King Aleksandar II|
|Faith||Nikolian Catholic Church|
The Kingdom of Nikolia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Aleksandar II with a fair hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 14.451 billion Nikolians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carigrad. The average income tax rate is 77.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nikolian economy, worth a remarkable 1,049 trillion Krunas a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Gambling. Average income is 72,626 Krunas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Loans are available for students from poor families, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour, and religious education is a new government priority. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nikolia's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Nikolian Catholic Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nikolia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Nikolia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Nikolia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Nikolia agreed to construct embassies between Astyria and Union of Newfound Eastern Dictatorships.
- : Nikolia agreed to construct embassies between Astyria and The southern union of democracies.
- : Nikolia's influence in Astyria rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Nikolia approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Protection of Airspace"".
- : Nikolia endorsed Consular.
- : Nikolia was endorsed by Consular.
- : Nikolia agreed to construct embassies between Astyria and Telseris.