The People's Republic of Nightestree is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed population of 151 million Nightestreeans are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 31.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Nightestreean economy, worth 5.92 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Pizza Delivery, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 39,199 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Racial and religious segregation has become rife as the various groups are loath to mingle, wildlife have trouble navigating the electric fences surrounding national forests, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, and drones are unable to lift the weight of their accompanying paperwork. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nightestree's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nightestree was endorsed by The Republic of Ecologiania.
- : Nightestree was endorsed by The Anarcho-Communist Alliance of Duneraven.
- : Nightestree was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Kaltea.
- : Nightestree was endorsed by The Progressive Republic of Yondoria.
- : Nightestree's influence in Refugia rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Nightestree was endorsed by The Confederacy of Adawu.
- : Nightestree was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Michis.
- : Nightestree was endorsed by The Federation of Ressadina.
- : Nightestree was endorsed by The United Socialist Barangays of Nangka.
- : Following new legislation in Nightestree, drones are unable to lift the weight of their accompanying paperwork.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Floofybit, Araine, Sylh Alanor, The Star Enpire, Liphia, Tiralta, Vikoland, Melenavenia, Typica, Fel Vudos, Nekhuser-Ra, Aephony, Ladita, The Land Named Bob, Porthosia, Inaros OPA, Tovenia, New Filippe, Junitaki-cho, Remnants of the Pacific, Nangka, Ressadina, Michis, Adawu, Yondoria, Kaltea, Duneraven, and Ecologiania.