The People's Republic of Newlbania is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic population of 324 million Newlbanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 74.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Newlbanian economy, worth 12.1 trillion Newlbine zloties a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is 37,441 Newlbine zloties, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sections of the police receive paramilitary training, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, coat closets are being re-branded as bedrooms, and doctors prescribe videos of political debates to patients with insomnia. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Newlbania's national animal is the Ambiguous Puzuma, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Newlbania, doctors prescribe videos of political debates to patients with insomnia.
- : Following new legislation in Newlbania, coat closets are being re-branded as bedrooms.
- : Following new legislation in Newlbania, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- : Following new legislation in Newlbania, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
- : Following new legislation in Newlbania, a recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father.
- : Newlbania was endorsed by The Prosperous Land of Kethania.
- : Following new legislation in Newlbania, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- : Following new legislation in Newlbania, national park visitors are reporting a rash of poison ivy sightings.
- : Following new legislation in Newlbania, government fact-checkers use surprising amounts of high explosive.
- : Following new legislation in Newlbania, people are raising their middle finger to non-digital currencies.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Comuny, Carrico, Europa Volksdemokratisch Sozialistisch, Bovad, Shamian, Malev, Trazlend, Flying-Penguins, Manawskistan, Liknovia, Iraqisyriapakindosaudistan, Arbados Balarascia, Ma pi kulupu, Frostilandia, Belsuetania, Charusci, Varomilla, Exania, Respondus, Belarusball, Czecho-Slovakian Union, Mandimbisoa, Ugriasau, Sunarie, Sith Isles, Saxxony, Borealian Communes, Canadian Democratic Republics, Democratic-Socialists, Karelianastan, Sloughvakia, Puaco, and Kethania.