The Republic of Newfound Prospero is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its parental licensing program, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 508 million Newfound Prosperoans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Onetown. The average income tax rate is 52.9%.
The very strong Newfound Prosperoan economy, worth 38.4 trillion Baks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 75,678 Baks, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
Newfound Prospero is increasingly belligerent on the international stage, nine-year-olds' chat logs are scoured for evidence of radicalization, anniversaries of major historical events pass unnoticed, and the children of Newfound Prospero are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Newfound Prospero's national animal is the Turtle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Newfound Prospero was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Newfound Prospero was endorsed by The Vizier Nominee of Ramaeus.
- : Newfound Prospero was endorsed by The Colony of Eastie.
- : Newfound Prospero was endorsed by The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
- : Newfound Prospero was endorsed by The Cinder and Smoke of Tim Stark.
- : Newfound Prospero was endorsed by The Empire of Spoilt Blood.
- : Newfound Prospero was endorsed by The Great Congregation of Brethren.
- : Following new legislation in Newfound Prospero, the children of Newfound Prospero are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence.
- : Newfound Prospero was endorsed by The Imperial Republic of Guthra.
- : Newfound Prospero was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Harpiatopia.
Endorsements Received: 34 » VW53Aland, BearStackof2015, H-Zhena, Fedele, Axdel, Brotherland, Roissyland, Kangarawa, Janoobi Jazair, Escade, Liberstankonia, Johnny Appleseed1, Hizuru, Monteconstance, Laquara, Staynes, Marrico, Encurage, Commodore Badger, Libertanny, Avakael, Yemeni Locusts, Zukchiva, Firenation91, Dragons Blood, Valincong, Harpiatopia, Guthra, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Eastie, Ramaeus, and Marrabuk.