|Leader||President Peter Roux|
The Republic of New Ylicia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Peter Roux with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 5.64 billion New Ylicians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bonaire. The average income tax rate is 52.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Ylician economy, worth 489 trillion sequins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. Average income is 86,787 sequins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Passwords to nuclear codes must now contain upper and lower case characters, religious households enthusiastically use whips in private, the "Dreadnowt" is the pride and joy of the New Ylician Navy, and tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Ylicia's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Ylicia's influence in Europe rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in New Ylicia, tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects.
- : Following new legislation in New Ylicia, the "Dreadnowt" is the pride and joy of the New Ylician Navy.
- : Following new legislation in New Ylicia, religious households enthusiastically use whips in private.
- : Following new legislation in New Ylicia, passwords to nuclear codes must now contain upper and lower case characters.
- : Following new legislation in New Ylicia, the optimally efficient parking strategy for business commuters is referred to as the "traveling salesman problem".
- : New Ylicia altered its national flag.
- : New Ylicia relocated from Balder to Europe.
- : New Ylicia was refounded in Balder.
- : New Ylicia ceased to exist in Europe.