|Leader||President Peter Roux|
The Republic of New Ylicia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Peter Roux with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 6.881 billion New Ylicians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bonaire. The average income tax rate is 54.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Ylician economy, worth 648 trillion sequins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 94,294 sequins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, the nation's democracy attracts huddled masses yearning to breathe free, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, and graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Ylicia's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Ylicia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : New Ylicia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : New Ylicia endorsed The Satellite State of Corsoaua.
- : Following new legislation in New Ylicia, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail.
- : Following new legislation in New Ylicia, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- : Following new legislation in New Ylicia, the nation's democracy attracts huddled masses yearning to breathe free.
- : Following new legislation in New Ylicia, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- : Following new legislation in New Ylicia, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks".
- : New Ylicia was endorsed by The Satellite State of Corsoaua.
- : New Ylicia was endorsed by The Back and apathetic as ever of The Reunited Yugoslavs.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Elisabethshagen, Lovisa, Regnum Italiae, Kurfuerstentum Brandenburg-Mecklenburg, Weltbeherrschung, Invernessia, North of Americas, Eco-Paris Reformation, Puerto Thelosia, Saint Domingo, Walfo, NorthPortugal, Kanokla, Yahlia, The Champions League, Imperium Anglorum, Meropis, Eppur, Wiener-Neustadt, The States of Texas and Arkansas, The Scandinavian Realm, St Scarlett, Jim the Baptist, Irminsulia, Canovium, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Maple Worship, Northern German Federation, Super Happy Land, Dauershire, Falvaard, Nuweland, Wombelland, Thracia Republic, Quentenia, GanymedEuropa, An Clar, Ombran, Apabeossie, Someseni, Gliesetonia, Thracia and Crimea, Dark Matter, Nardin, Soclania, Libertandonien, Khuravia, South St Maarten, Mombourg, Mynox, and 54 others.Europe a Nation, Girvage, Ottterland, Leiningerland, Donaufoderation, Brakanistan, Magyarostan, Sloburg, New Eestiball, Valtrona, The Templar Papal New State, Chronus, Scytharum, Greater Icelandia, Savinecross, Tschechisches Reich, Nomaida, Germany222, Parliamentary Laramidia, Jahass, Quebris, Vale-Beacon, Leszno, Chioganah, Grodisze, Aroale, Esvonia, Teutonic Kaiserreich, Zulrich, The Federal States of Ezasao, Leukante, Vinesauceia, Trixeland, Alsted, Nova Espana, Schiltia, Belvanski, Creechdom, Panversia, Berlin and Hanover, Ausvelt, Othenhiem, Janart, Rary, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, Dervenland, Dabarastan, Heplon, Gorzi, Caescadia, Noristoniaka, Broabant, The Reunited Yugoslavs, and Corsoaua.