|Currency||Great Woking Pound|
The Kingdom of New Woking is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Matt Taggart with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, free-roaming dinosaurs, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 8.227 billion Woks enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Johns. The average income tax rate is 69.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Wokingian economy, worth a remarkable 1,407 trillion Great Woking Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 171,090 Great Woking Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The new universal healthcare system has been dubbed Matt Taggart-care by its detractors, sentient AIs face their watery graves with a fixed smile, the government has pinkie-promised never to use its veto power except in an emergency, and people faint regularly as they get stuck with compulsory vaccinations. Crime is totally unknown. New Woking's national animal is the mariguana, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Woking was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : New Woking agreed to construct embassies between Iveagh and SECFanatics.
- : New Woking's influence in Iveagh fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : New Woking's influence in Iveagh rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : New Woking's influence in Iveagh rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : New Woking was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : New Woking agreed to construct embassies between Iveagh and Norden.
- : New Woking was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : New Woking was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : New Woking was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments and the Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.