|Leader||Queen Marie of France|
The Holy Queendom of New Touraine is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Queen Marie of France with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, national health service, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 5.826 billion Tourangeaux are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tours. The average income tax rate is 33.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Tourangeau economy, worth a remarkable 1,449 trillion Livres a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 248,862 Livres, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Thomas the Spank Engine is the most popular and controversial children's show in the nation, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying, conspiracy theorists allege that the government is spying on them through their carbon monoxide detectors, and soldiers who shoot themselves in the foot are regarded as heroes. Crime is totally unknown. New Touraine's national animal is the Coq Gaulois, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Touraine was endorsed by The Kingdom of Virmena.
- : New Touraine was endorsed by The Kingdom of The Scandinavian Realm.
- : New Touraine was endorsed by The Celtic Feudal Republic of Magyarostan.
- : New Touraine was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in New Touraine, soldiers who shoot themselves in the foot are regarded as heroes.
- : Following new legislation in New Touraine, conspiracy theorists allege that the government is spying on them through their carbon monoxide detectors.
- : Following new legislation in New Touraine, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying.
- : Following new legislation in New Touraine, Thomas the Spank Engine is the most popular and controversial children's show in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in New Touraine, artists are pillars of society.
- : New Touraine was endorsed by The Republic of Neue Prussian Republic.
Endorsements Received: 106 » Irminsulia, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, Regnum Italiae, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Outer Sparta, South St Maarten, The New Nordic Union, Ahma, Imperium Anglorum, St Scarlett, Pilipinas and Malaya, Feria-Alkaline, Thracia Republic, Leszno, Slavorussia, An Clar, Lexembourg, North of Americas, Sinclairtown, Cytadela, Eritei, Wombelland, GanymedEuropa, Northern German Federation, Dark Matter, Purgatio, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, New Ylicia, Thracia and Crimea, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Republic of Satherland, Leranditale, Kenmoria WA Mission, Nardin, Soviet Taoistan, Nevelja, Alsted, Lovisa, Neuchateau, Walfo, Lord Sapre, Chioganah, Brakanistan, Invernessia, The Champions League, Someseni, Chronus, Grodisze, and 56 others.Abject Ludicrosity, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, New Vorarlberg, Destyntine, Canovium, Savinecross, The Kingdom of Denmark, Jahass, Old World Order, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Escalver, NorthPortugal, Meropis, Rivierenland, Crestphalia, Parliamentary Laramidia, Enway, Estellan, Apabeossie, Trixeland, Kanokla, Kyrica, Eski, Valtrona, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Asparagusia, Othenhiem, Greater Dragunovia, Lucanorum, Brittany Normandy Aquitaine, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Gliesetonia, Elania Kingdom, Maalat, New Eestiball, Powiat Miechowski, Le Vichy France, Estonesia, Robbonia, Greater Bahland, Cantabriae, Kurdislavic Algharbistan, Trisikistan, The Rebels of Ireland, A3161, Hansereul, Namiona, East Kirea, Neue Prussian Republic, Magyarostan, The Scandinavian Realm, and Virmena.