|Leader||Queen Marie of France|
The Holy Queendom of New Touraine is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Queen Marie of France with an iron fist, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, national health service, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 3.562 billion Tourangeaux are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tours. The average income tax rate is 73.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Tourangeau economy, worth 859 trillion livres a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 241,291 livres, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Money always talks but the taboo subject of death just brings silence, pawn shop reality shows dominate basic cable, father-son fishing trips have been banned, and the NHS is snowed under by requests for crisper ciabatta and tenderer tagliatelle. Crime is totally unknown. New Touraine's national animal is the Coq Gaulois, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Touraine endorsed The Republic of Riverpost.
- : Following new legislation in New Touraine, the NHS is snowed under by requests for crisper ciabatta and tenderer tagliatelle.
- : Following new legislation in New Touraine, father-son fishing trips have been banned.
- : Following new legislation in New Touraine, pawn shop reality shows dominate basic cable.
- : Following new legislation in New Touraine, money always talks but the taboo subject of death just brings silence.
- : New Touraine was endorsed by The Republic of Riverpost.
- : Following new legislation in New Touraine, the military sees national borders more as guidelines than absolutes.
- : Following new legislation in New Touraine, athletic teenagers are among the wealthiest members of society.
- : Following new legislation in New Touraine, 9 out of 10 consumers think that vitamins can cure cancer.
- : Following new legislation in New Touraine, government solves problems by tossing money at the nearest geek.
Endorsements Received: 91 » The Seven Provinces, Irminsulia, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, Regnum Italiae, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Troltovia, Outer Sparta, Pazano, South St Maarten, The New Nordic Union, Ahma, The Champions League, Imperium Anglorum, Germany Third Reich, St Scarlett, Corthaen, Pilipinas and Malaya, Feria-Alkaline, Thracia Republic, Leszno, Slavorussia, An Clar, Lexembourg, North of Americas, Sinclairtown, Cytadela, Eritei, Wombelland, GanymedEuropa, Northern German Federation, Dark Matter, Kaspinia, Purgatio, Dorpz, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, New Ylicia, Death Bat, Greate San Marino, Thracia and Crimea, Rouvenor, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Slavonia and Srijem, Republic of Satherland, Leranditale, Beauprix, Kenmoria WA Mission, Bahnhofstrasse, Apabeossie, and 41 others.Mantcor, Nardin, Msaladofinger, Pydrus, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Northlandic Republic, Soviet Taoistan, Nevelja, Atenburgh, New Vorarlberg, Gingera, Suissen, Permorania, Alsted, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Mallesia, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, Neuchateau, Stromia, Walfo, Porury, Navence, The Mongol Plain, Preusses, Lord Sapre, Enway, Eesenland, Chioganah, Einswenn, Brakanistan, Shagolaa, Riega, Sienkahn, Elitestland, The Pagan Moon, Legique, and Riverpost.