The Republic of New Texas AU is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 1.099 billion Texans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Austin. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.2%.
The all-consuming Texan economy, worth 106 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 96,707 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 325,111 per year while the poor average 21,330, a ratio of 15.2 to 1.
The voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning, the government seizes all major gold finds, commemorative mugs remembering last year's Black Friday Crockery Riots are a best seller this year, and a major religion has been named as New Texas AU's national religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Texas AU's national animal is the longhorn, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Texas AU's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : New Texas AU's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : New Texas AU's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Squire".
- : New Texas AU's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : New Texas AU relocated from American Union to Alternate Earth.
- : New Texas AU's influence in American Union rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : New Texas AU's influence in American Union rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : New Texas AU was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Following new legislation in New Texas AU, a major religion has been named as New Texas AU's national religion.
- : New Texas AU was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.