|Capital||the hearts and minds of the people|
The Outdated Ideal of New Sideburn is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Xerxes Cambridge with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 14.871 billion Sideburnese hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the hearts and minds of the people. The average income tax rate is 22.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sideburnese economy, worth a remarkable 1,957 trillion Pound Taurines a year, is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 131,658 Pound Taurines, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation leads Esportiva in per capita stalking, the use of martial arts is banned, tumbleweeds made of litter adorn city streets, and residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. New Sideburn's national animal is the cormorant, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is lapsed Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Sideburn's influence in Esportiva rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : New Sideburn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : New Sideburn's influence in Esportiva rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : New Sideburn's influence in Esportiva rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : New Sideburn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and Most Subsidized Industry and the Top 10% for Highest Average Incomes, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, and Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : New Sideburn's influence in Esportiva rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : New Sideburn altered its national flag.
- : New Sideburn relocated from Osiris to Esportiva.
- : New Sideburn was refounded in Osiris.
- : New Sideburn ceased to exist in Esportiva.