The United Socialist States of New Schoeneberg is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its lack of airports, soft-spoken computers, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 328 million New Schoenebergians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Administration, with Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Gasometer. The average income tax rate is 82.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The New Schoenebergian economy, worth 19.1 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Pizza Delivery, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 58,141 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Krakenball fields, New Schoeneberg has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise, and the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Schoeneberg's national animal is the Kraken, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in New Schoeneberg, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping.
- : Following new legislation in New Schoeneberg, collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in New Schoeneberg, New Schoeneberg has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- : New Schoeneberg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in New Schoeneberg, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Krakenball fields.
- : New Schoeneberg endorsed The Empire of B H A R A T.
- : Following new legislation in New Schoeneberg, all guns must be registered.
- : New Schoeneberg was endorsed by The Empire of B H A R A T.
- : New Schoeneberg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : New Schoeneberg endorsed The Republic of Catillos.
Endorsements Received: 70 » The Worst army of, Madreia, Anserisa, Erinor, Yeldarbsland, Eskvenn, Iym Winterless, Gnofnordclancedenilland, Marinho Islands, Waddennation, Aumeltopia, Imperial Duck, Merevane, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Amerion, Qawe, Qvait, Xandev, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Kandorith, PenguinPies, Corgitopiaa, West Pastafaria, Hutington, Wehraboos, Auphelia, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Kervanosia, Matak Tribes, The Filippinas, Melicorium, Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, Free Soundia, Bear Connors Paradiso, Kiasu-ism, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Theorin, New Briantown, Kringalia, The United Expanse, Privatore, Erimo, Farengeto, Oxsania, RestartAll, The Radanivans, Pi Ttamgwa Nunmul, and 20 others.Well F, Rhetiaa, Rabbitz, PeoplesFreeVille, Ralphburg, Jehenna, United States of Vietnam, Tepertopia, Purple Hyacinth, Nueva Alta California, Ovkianos, Drugged Monkeys, Sandaoguo, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Myness, Midand, Tsunamy, Concrete Slab, Catillos, and B H A R A T.