The Federal Republic of New Rickiland is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Raine with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.052 billion New Rickilandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lesmo. The average income tax rate is 85.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Rickilandian economy, worth 596 trillion Lire a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 84,522 Lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Lawyers spend as much time preparing their make-up as they do their briefs, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, and the experimental sculpture "Overtures In Dried Lion Dung" has been declared a national treasure. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Rickiland's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Rickiland was endorsed by The Republic of Riverpost.
- : New Rickiland was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : New Rickiland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : New Rickiland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in New Rickiland, the experimental sculpture "Overtures In Dried Lion Dung" has been declared a national treasure.
- : Following new legislation in New Rickiland, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- : New Rickiland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : New Rickiland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in New Rickiland, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in New Rickiland, lawyers spend as much time preparing their make-up as they do their briefs.
Endorsements Received: 92 » Saint Domingo, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Outer Sparta, Yahlia, The Seven Provinces, Slavorussia, Ahma, Irminsulia, Rouvenor, Troltovia, Regnum Italiae, Bohomo, Northern German Federation, Thracia Republic, Chioganah, St Scarlett, GanymedEuropa, Dark Matter, Imperium Anglorum, The Mongol Plain, The Champions League, Feria-Alkaline, The New Nordic Union, Lovisa, Wombelland, An Clar, Pazano, North of Americas, Leszno, Lexembourg, Nardin, Nuweland, New Ylicia, South St Maarten, Kaspinia, Purgatio, Dorpz, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Greate San Marino, Thracia and Crimea, Death Bat, Germany Third Reich, Cytadela, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Slavonia and Srijem, Republic of Satherland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Leranditale, Beauprix, and 42 others.Estonesia, Kenmoria WA Mission, Bahnhofstrasse, Republic Of Vox, Apabeossie, Mantcor, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Soviet Taoistan, British Norklon, Gingera, Elisabethshagen, Kingarria, Permorania, Suissen, Alsted, Novo Portugal, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, Stromia, Neuchateau, Betasia, Walfo, Mallesia, Porury, The Wretched of this Earth, Shagolaa, Neudeutsches Imperium, Novum Hesperia, Preusses, Prussian-Union, Lord Sapre, Rijland, Enway, Einswenn, Brakanistan, Sienkahn, Elitestland, Socialist Balkans, Continental Social Democrats, and Riverpost.