|Animal||Court of the Crimson King|
The Feudal Kingdom of New Rapids is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Greg Lake with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working population of 2.172 billion Rapidians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Soutiens. The average income tax rate is 85.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Rapidian economy, worth 259 trillion rooks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is an impressive 119,429 rooks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists, the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, and billions are being spent on a new island airport. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Rapids's national animal is the Court of the Crimson King, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Radiformulum.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in New Rapids, billions are being spent on a new island airport.
- : New Rapids endorsed The Evergloam of Vilverin.
- : New Rapids was endorsed by The Evergloam of Vilverin.
- : Following new legislation in New Rapids, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- : Following new legislation in New Rapids, the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose.
- : Following new legislation in New Rapids, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists.
- : New Rapids voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Following new legislation in New Rapids, visiting dignitaries often take advantage of strict reparation policies by stubbing their toes.
- : Following new legislation in New Rapids, Book Publishing facilities are being turned into Court of the Crimson King habitats.
- : New Rapids endorsed The Technocracy of Kitherun.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Takura, Pluvie, Fuzzbuckets, Empirical Switzerland, Hanneria, Emililandia, The Wayfarer, Bitty Kitty, Levont, Robo Communism, Armah Leo, Takh Avros, Ecstatic Science, Independant Islands, Lalash, The Orion Star System, You Should See Me in a Crown, New Excalibus, Almaz Aralia, Elvaeia Regnum, Justines Turf, Sanjikurisa, Hay Hat Oanian, Beansburrow, Rathanur, Arcana Anarchy, Gor Etonemen, The Moroccan Kingdom, Siloshizorth, Maximalist, Kitherun, and Vilverin.