|Leader||Director Nathan Emari|
The Community of New Periapsis is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Director Nathan Emari with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, sprawling nuclear power plants, and otherworldly petting zoo. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.078 billion Alterrans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Healthcare, Industry, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kelina. The average income tax rate is 78.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Periapsisian economy, worth 528 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 104,155 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months, up to 40% of voters can finally read the issues they're deciding on, pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security, and serial commas clarify the relationship between one's lackeys, the taxpayers, and kinsfolk. Crime is totally unknown. New Periapsis's national animal is the Crow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Periapsis's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : New Periapsis's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : New Periapsis altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in New Periapsis, serial commas clarify the relationship between one's lackeys, the taxpayers, and kinsfolk.
- : Following new legislation in New Periapsis, pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security.
- : New Periapsis was refounded in Osiris.
- : New Periapsis ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : New Periapsis was endorsed by The Republic of Barabolia.
- : New Periapsis was endorsed by The Republic of Valgarda.
- : New Periapsis was endorsed by The Grand Holy Speaker of Francois Isidore.