The Kingdom of New Non is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, free-roaming dinosaurs, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 1.241 billion New Nonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 76.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming New Nonian economy, worth 128 trillion florins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 103,498 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Seven-year-olds debate for weeks on the merits of the Oxford comma, people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more, advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references, and children spend all morning taking out a comma and all afternoon putting it back in again. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Non's national animal is the white wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Non was endorsed by The United Nations of Eppur.
- : New Non was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : New Non endorsed The Interstellar Republic of Venmere.
- : New Non endorsed The Extranet of Greater Theowherveld.
- : New Non was endorsed by The Interstellar Republic of Venmere.
- : New Non was endorsed by The Extranet of Greater Theowherveld.
- : New Non voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".
- : Following new legislation in New Non, children spend all morning taking out a comma and all afternoon putting it back in again.
- : Following new legislation in New Non, advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references.
- : Following new legislation in New Non, people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Evertopia, Valentian Elysium, Wysrod, Dustwind, Anisopterra, Ignis Cinere, Kachikawawa, Pianaville, Solsevara, Makykay, The Republic of Osea, United States of Island land, Nea Komnenia, Liberdon, Tharalian Union, Galimania, Namakan, Drewish, Solarampa, Megistos, Ilfarasia, Clialaad, Keswickholt, Point Comfort Colony, Waitiki, Islands of Czechia, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, S Mova Derat, The Galactic American Imperium, Batona, Marxist Germany, Vivolkha, Katitania, Isentran, New Kowloon Bay, Selu-Ahare, Krystalveil, Wischland, Killettland, Samonaemia, Capea, The Indian Royalty, Tausend Seen, Silvedania, Alemputo, Dorab, Testa, PYT, Tusenadingia Norgenadingasianglen, and 4 others.Grimmywelsh, Greater Theowherveld, Venmere, and Eppur.