|Leader||President Jorge Brandão|
The Republican Empire of New Lusitania and the Algarves is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Jorge Brandão with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 6.422 billion New Lusitanians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 74.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving New Lusitanian economy, worth 435 trillion Escudoes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 67,824 Escudoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Psychiatrists bizarrely accompany President Jorge Brandão to meetings with foreign heads of state, toilet paper is considered a non-essential item in the embargo against Brasilistan, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, and politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Lusitania and the Algarves's national animal is the Horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Lusitania and the Algarves voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Desertification"".
- : New Lusitania and the Algarves was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : New Lusitania and the Algarves voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Mikeswill".
- : New Lusitania and the Algarves voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prohibit Private Prisons"".
- : New Lusitania and the Algarves was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : New Lusitania and the Algarves was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : New Lusitania and the Algarves was endorsed by The Gatekeeper of Abacathea.
- : New Lusitania and the Algarves voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : New Lusitania and the Algarves was endorsed by The United Commonwealths of Anglia-Saxia.
- : New Lusitania and the Algarves was endorsed by The Social Democracy of Gardavasque.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Laeral, Sanctaria, Comhar, Bears Armed Mission, Grosseschnauzer, Iligayan, Grellania, Libertas Omnium Maximus, Osirisa, Naboompu, Eldid, Shuell, Lauchenoiria, North Cross, Gardavasque, Anglia-Saxia, and Abacathea.