The Incorporated States of New Japanese Republic is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and state-planned economy. The hard-working, democratic population of 302 million New Japanese Republicians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 9.5%.
The strong New Japanese Republician economy, worth 21.0 trillion Yen a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. Average income is 69,697 Yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
New safety regulations require all cars manufactured in New Japanese Republic to be bombproof, senior executives have become freelance basket-weavers in search of less stress and better work-life balance, real power lies not in the debating room but with those who decide what is debated, and Animal Liberationists are regularly arrested. Crime is well under control. New Japanese Republic's national animal is the Macaque, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Japanese Republic's influence in Snowflake rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : New Japanese Republic resigned from the World Assembly.
- : New Japanese Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Statement on the Nuclear Apocalypse".
- : New Japanese Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Drug Decriminalization Act".
- : New Japanese Republic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Nazi Europa"".
- : New Japanese Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Identity Theft".
- : New Japanese Republic's influence in Snowflake fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : New Japanese Republic's influence in Snowflake fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : New Japanese Republic was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : New Japanese Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Equal Justice Under Law".