|Leader||the Corporate Assembly|
The Commonwealth States of New Hyannis is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the Corporate Assembly with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 13.07 billion New Hyannisians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Acre. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.3%.
The powerhouse New Hyannisian economy, worth 745 trillion Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming. Average income is 57,068 Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 206,214 per year while the poor average 11,275, a ratio of 18.3 to 1.
The mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying, the saying 'break a leg' is now taken literally, pop sensation "Jack and the Holograms" is storming the charts, and blackface performers claim they are being deliberately ironic. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. New Hyannis's national animal is the Bald Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Hyannis's influence in Greater Prussia rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in New Hyannis, blackface performers claim they are being deliberately ironic.
- : New Hyannis's influence in Greater Prussia rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : New Hyannis's influence in Greater Prussia rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : New Hyannis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : New Hyannis's influence in Greater Prussia rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : New Hyannis altered its national flag.
- : New Hyannis relocated from Lazarus to Greater Prussia.
- : New Hyannis was refounded in Lazarus.
- : New Hyannis ceased to exist in Greater Prussia.