|Leader||the Corporate Assembly|
The Commonwealth States of New Hyannis is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Corporate Assembly with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, pith helmet sales, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 14.604 billion New Hyannisians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Welfare and International Aid not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Acre. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.7%.
The powerhouse New Hyannisian economy, worth 819 trillion Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming. Average income is 56,115 Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 177,813 per year while the poor average 13,505, a ratio of 13.2 to 1.
Blackface performers claim they are being deliberately ironic, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, adults pretending to be teenage girls claim to have wholesome motives, and board shorts have replaced board rooms. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. New Hyannis's national animal is the Bald Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Hyannis's influence in Greater Prussia rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : New Hyannis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : New Hyannis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : New Hyannis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : New Hyannis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed and the Top 10% for Highest Economic Output.
- : New Hyannis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : New Hyannis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : New Hyannis's influence in Greater Prussia rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : New Hyannis altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in New Hyannis, board shorts have replaced board rooms.