The Theocracy of New Hevania is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its closed borders, frequent executions, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 742 million Hevanians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arikstoldstadt. The average income tax rate is 50.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving New Hevanian economy, worth 48.9 trillion Herons a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Tourism, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 65,854 Herons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Students and teachers are regularly stopped and searched for symbols of religious affiliation before class, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products, strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins, and Brancalandian Brie isn't available anywhere in New Hevania. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Hevania's national animal is the White Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in New Hevania, Brancalandian Brie isn't available anywhere in New Hevania.
- : Following new legislation in New Hevania, strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins.
- : Following new legislation in New Hevania, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
- : New Hevania endorsed The Kaiju fan addict of Othenhiem.
- : New Hevania was endorsed by The Kaiju fan addict of Othenhiem.
- : New Hevania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : New Hevania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Following new legislation in New Hevania, students and teachers are regularly stopped and searched for symbols of religious affiliation before class.
- : Following new legislation in New Hevania, violence is always the answer in New Hevania.
- : Following new legislation in New Hevania, professional athletes juggle part-time jobs to avoid bankruptcy.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Ausvelt, Meropis, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, Abject Ludicrosity, Invernessia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Leranditale, Thracia Republic, Walfo, Rivierenland, Republic of Satherland, Jim the Baptist, The Seven Provinces, The New Nordic Union, Regnum Italiae, Galway-Dublin, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Imperium Anglorum, Umeria, Elisabethshagen, Yoannes, Thracia and Crimea, Outer Sparta, Ostermarch, The Champions League, The Scandinavian Realm, Puerto Thelosia, Owlograd, Slavonia and Srijem, NorthPortugal, Soviet Krussia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Prussian-Union, Greater Icelandia, Brakanistan, GanymedEuropa, Northern German Federation, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Shaor, Weltbeherrschung, Wessex and Cornwall, Seims, Dark Matter, Germany Third Reich, Irminsulia, Nuweland, Someseni, Kalifer and Baska, and 18 others.Destyntine, Trixeland, The New Mexican Confederation, Kanokla, The Young Ur, Purgatio, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Valtrona, Nardin, Apabeossie, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, The Kingdom of Denmark, Enway, Berlin and Potsdam, and Othenhiem.