|Leader||Empress Viktoria IV|
|Animal||Jack Russell Terrier|
The Holy Empire of New Equestria is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Empress Viktoria IV with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, deadly medical pandemics, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 8.347 billion New Equestrians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Canterlot. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16.5%.
The all-consuming New Equestrian economy, worth 722 trillion Imperial Bits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 86,568 Imperial Bits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 408,805 per year while the poor average 10,862, a ratio of 37.6 to 1.
Smoking is banned in public areas, machine gun nests are the latest must-have gardening trend, it's a marvellous night for a moon dance as the sparks on your home start to rise, and rumor has it that Empress Viktoria IV has won three lotteries in a row. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Equestria's national animal is the Jack Russell Terrier, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Equestria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : New Equestria's influence in Nation States Historical Society rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- : New Equestria's influence in Nation States Historical Society fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- : New Equestria's influence in Nation States Historical Society fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : New Equestria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in New Equestria, rumor has it that Empress Viktoria IV has won three lotteries in a row.
- : Following new legislation in New Equestria, it's a marvellous night for a moon dance as the sparks on your home start to rise.
- : Following new legislation in New Equestria, machine gun nests are the latest must-have gardening trend.
- : New Equestria granted posting privileges on the Nation States Historical Society Regional Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- : New Equestria composed a new Welcome Telegram for Nation States Historical Society.