The Grand Commonwealth of New Educandi is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lord-Magistrate Drees with a fair hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 16.268 billion Educans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Social Policy, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Edurre. The average income tax rate is 74.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Educan economy, worth a remarkable 1,475 trillion Auroran Credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 90,692 Auroran Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
People who stay late at the office often come home to find their own funeral being planned, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds, souvenir shops that sell alphorns are taking advantage of gullible tourists, and recreational drug businesses are regularly pruned if they grow above the maximum legal size. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Educandi's national animal is the Speckled Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Educandi's influence in International Northwestern Union rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : New Educandi lodged a message on the International Northwestern Union Regional Message Board.
- : New Educandi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : New Educandi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : New Educandi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : New Educandi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : New Educandi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : New Educandi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : New Educandi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : New Educandi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cultured and the Top 5% for Most Scientifically Advanced and Largest Populations.